Thursday, January 3, 2019

Favorite Gifts from this Holiday

The holidays are filled with family, food, fun, and presents. This year, my presents came from multiple states...Indiana (where I am now), Florida (where I used to live), and Virginia (where my step-daughter is currently in AIT for the Army). Because it is so hard to choose a favorite gift from all three places, I have chosen one from each place.

Let's start with Indiana. My favorite gift this year was from my husband. Though he and my dad got me some really great gifts....the best one was my bread machine. My husband searched high and low for a bread machine for me this year. We ended up finding a used one together at the Goodwill closest to our home. When Christmas Eve came and I was able to use it, I made three different loaves of bread that day. Then, my daughter arrived after Christmas and wanted to know how it worked. So, she choose a banana chocolate bread and we made it. So Yummy! In fact, just a few minutes ago I was looking up how to make bagels with my bread machine, since the stores never seem to have the Asiago Cheese bagels that I love.

Next, Florida. My favorite gift came from my mom. She got me an Underarmor Storm Hoodie and a pair of Yoga pants. It gets cold here....which is probably evident. So, I was struggling to find something that I could wear to the gym and on runs when it is not so cold. This was the perfect gift for that!

Finally, Virginia. Of course, my step-daughter, Ally, coming home for a few days after Christmas was an awesome gift. But, if that weren't awesome enough, she brought with her my favorite perfume. To top that...no one helped her figure out what my favorite perfume was. She remembered from years ago when her father told her. She left this morning to go back to training, and then off to jump school at Fort Bragg. But, while she is away, I will have a bottle of Vera Wang Princess to keep her on my mind.

What were your favorite gifts this holiday season?

No comments:

Post a Comment